A profile is a set of parameters and permissions that define what features and what operations are available for each type of user. The settings determine what users can create, edit, or delete in Cirrus Shield, such as objects, fields, or page templates. Permissions, on the other hand, determine what users can do in the organization, for example, create, edit or delete records, or establish reports and dashboards.
In Cirrus Shield, you have standard profiles, and you can also create custom profiles.
There are 3 types of profile:
- System Administrator: has access to all CRM features (configuration, integration and customization).
- Standard user: Can create, modify or delete records and reports. However he does not have access to the “Configuration” part.
- Read-only: Can only see the records and run reports.
To Create Custom Profiles:
Take as an example the fact that you have created custom objects specific to each department, but you want each department to see their own tabs. To allow this, the creation of custom profiles has been integrated into Cirrus Shield in order to assign for example the different tabs to the corresponding departments. To do this you must:
- Log in to Cirrus Shield with your administrator profile.
- Click on your name, then select Setup.
- Go to the Profile tab, and click on New.
- Enter a Name. In this case, HR department.
- Click on Save.
Note that this feature is only available for the Enterprise Edition and the Ultimate Edition.
|Profile||Manage filtered lists||Export to Excel||Create object record||Read object record||Update object record|
Note that you can edit the permissions on the objects only in the System Administrator Profile by:
- Clicking on the System Administrator Name.
- Clicking on Object Related List.
- Clicking Edit on any object.
- Checking/ Unchecking the “Create, Update, Read, Delete” cases.