Use the Import Wizard to import your prospects, accounts, or contacts (limited to 20000 records) into your environment. A wizard will guide you through the import process.
You have to :
- Prepare your Excel file before importing.
- Import the File in the CRM.
- How to correct an Error File.
1. Prepare The Excel File
Step 1: Prepare your Excel File with all the information you want to import into your Cirrus Shield Instance:
- Get the Excel File that contains all the Lead’s data.
- You should start cleaning the file by deleting all the duplicates, correcting the spelling mistakes any deleting any other useless or wrong information.
Note that there are 2 ways to remove a duplicate in your Excel File:
- Erasing them by clicking: Data > Remove Duplicates.
- Detecting them whit a formula
We advise you to configure a Unique Field per object in the CRM in order to avoid the duplicates. For example the Email Field is the Unique Field for the Leads and Contacts, and The Name Field is the Unique Field for the Accounts.
- Once you’re done with cleaning the Excel File, you will have to compare its columns with the fields in Cirrus Shield.
- Create any missing custom field or picklist value in the CRM if necessary.
Step 2: Insert an additional column into your Excel file. It will contain the Id or the External Id* of the person to whom the record will be assigned.
Note that the External Id Field is a Lookup Field. There are 2 ways to import data in a lookup field:
- By inserting the User’s ID: Setup > Users Management. Copy the ID URL then paste it in the Excel File.
- By choosing a an External ID field in the "User" object such as the Username field to insert the "Username" instead of the ID: Setup > Object > User > Details > Edit > Check the External ID field box > Save.
Now, you can add the username of the person to whom the record will be assigned in the "Owner" column of your excel file instead of the Id of the user.
Step 3: Save your Excel file in CSV Format.
Note that if you have special characters, you must save your Excel File in the UTF-8 encoding. We advise you to use “LibreOffice Calc” for this encoding because you can quote each cell value.
To save your file in the CSV format with the UTF-8 encoding, go to:
File > Save as > CSV > Check the “Edit filter settings” box > Click on the “Use CSV format” box > Select UTF-8 > Check the “Quote all the cell values” box > Save.
2. Import the Excel File in the CRM
Log in to Cirrus Shield so you can start importing your Excel File:
My Profile > Click on the Lead Tab > Click on the “Data Import” button (Above the New button).
- Upload you CSV File and select the Text Separator (, or ;).
- Select the object you wish to import data into. In this case the Lead Object.
- Select the operation you wish to perform on the data:
- Insert Records
- Update Records
- Insert and Update (Upsert)
- Delete Records
- Associate the columns of your Excel File with the CRM Fields.
- Confirm your choices and Start importing data.
3. Correcting an Error File
The user who initiated the data import receives a status email when the operation is complete, as well as an error file in case some records have not been imported.
- Open the error file with LibreOffice because Excel does not read special characters. The "Error" column explains why the data was not imported.
Correct the error on the email and finally re-import the error file into the CRM.
1. File formatAll the files should be in CSV format in order to be imported into your Cirrus Shield instance.
2. Date and Time formatIf entering a date, use the following format : YYYY-MM-DD (2017-02-27).
If the field also contain time then the format will be : YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS+TZ (2017-02-07 12:42:55+01) where TZ is the timezone.
3. Checkbox formatThe values for checkbox fields in the CSV file should be either "1" or "0”.
- 1 = Checked
- 0 = Not checked
4. Picklist and Multi-Picklist Values (Eg : Industry field in Lead Object) :If a column in your excel file correspond to a picklist field in Cirrus Shield, you have to replace the values by the corresponding Picklist Names present in your environment. To do so :
- Log in to Cirrus Shield with your administrator system profile.
- Click on your name, then select Setup.
- Go to the Object tab, and click on Details Lead.
- Search "Industry", and click on Details.
- Go down, you'll see all the Picklist Values of the Industry, replace the value from your excel by the Picklist Name present in Cirrus Shield.
The use of the quotation mark is required if you have a comma in the value (Eg: "Closed, Won").
5. Numerical valueDo not add the $ or % symbols for "Currency" or "Percentage" fields.
Write only the numbers (e.g. 10 instead of 10%).
6. Lookup fieldIf you want to import a column that corresponds to a "lookup relationship" field in Cirrus Shield, you have to insert the GUID of the record.
Example: You want to import your contacts and in your file there is a column "Company". But, the "Company" field is a "lookup relationship" field so you have to replace the company name by the corresponding GUID.
To do this, click on the company in question and copy the GUID present in the URL. Replace the company name with its GUID in your Excel file (e.g "1424650687467227985").
7. Mandatory FieldsWhen importing the presence of data is required for all mandatory fields in Cirrus Shield.
For example, "Name" is a mandatory field in Cirrus Shield CRM. Make sure that the "Name" column in your CSV file has values.
But if the operation you wish to perform is "Update Records", then you are not obliged to insert values for mandatory fields.
1. Insert RecordsInserting records let you just add new recods in the CRM. Always make sure to clear all the duplicates and to create a unique field for the email.
2. Update RecordsUpdating a record lets you just update the records without being able to create new ones. Make sure to insert the Id or External Id.
3. Insert and Update RecordsThis action lets you do both operations.
4. Delete Records- The "Delete Records" operation allows you to delete mass records in your organization.
- For example, if you want to delete all the leads whose status is equal to Lost. Then, create a custom view with the corresponding filter criteria and export this view in csv format.
- Download the csv file in the Import Wizard, choose the Delete Records operation and map the ID or the External ID column with the corresponding field in Cirrus Shield.